Fortnite Season 7 Trailer v7.00 Patch Notes
Time For Season 7 arrives as the Iceberg collides with the island. Discover new areas such as Frosty Flights, Polar Peak, and more! Uncover what’s in the new Battle Pass, rule the skies with the new X-4 Stormwing plane, and change the style of some of your favorite weapons and items with Wraps in Battle Royale. Explore Fortnite Creative, a new experience where you can create, play, and save anything you can imagine on private islands! In Save the World, the Stand and Fight campaign comes to an exciting conclusion as Canny Valley Act 3 is released!
We won’t be exactly sure where the new ice Biome is until we can boot the game up, but it appears to be the first major map change that’s actually grown the size of the island. Previous seasons have remade large swaths of the playspace, but from what we can see this is all about a new snow-covered land with its own points of interest, icy areas and more. Here’s what Epic has to say on the subject.
- New Biome: Iceberg
- New Location: Frosty Flights
- New Location: Polar Peak
- New Location: Happy Hamlet
- Other unnamed Points of Interest (POIs) have also appeared across the island.
- Icy Surfaces can be found in snowy areas.
Players will slide on certain frozen surfaces.
- Ziplines can be found around the Iceberg and near Expedition Outposts.
- Latch on and zip from one end to the other.
- Aim, fire, or use items all while conveniently traveling on Ziplines.
- Increased the chance of final circles ending on the outer edges of the map.
- Updated the minimum macOS version required to run Fortnite on Mac to 10.13.6.
- Added some optimizations for when players build structures.
- Fixed daily Challenge text and some other text to properly switch when changing languages.
- Fixed a crash when terminating the game because of an error during initialization.
- Fixed a potential performance degradation when loading content.
- Modified the error window to use a scrolling region for overflowing text.
- Improved the data layout on Xbox One to improve loading times generally and reduce building streaming issues in Battle Royale.
- Made the Fortnite taskbar icon blink (Windows only) upon successfully entering a lobby after matchmaking if the application is minimized or inactive in the background.
- Minimized chat text on PC and Mobile is no longer clickable. Clicking the chat entry text box will still expand the chat text as normal.