The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Friday arrested Leader of Opposition in National Assembly and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president Shehbaz Sharif in Ashiana Housing Scandal.
Shahbaz Sharif was arrested in Lahore when he appeared before an investigation team at NAB offices, to record his statement in another case, the “Saaf Pani” scandal.
The accused are facing these allegations in Ashiana Housing Scam:
- Shehbaz Sharif is accused of sending the matter to Punjab Land Development Company Limited (PLDC) after awarding contract to Paragon City (Pvt) Limited
- Accused of bypassing the Board of Directors of the Punjab Land Development Company Limited (PLDC)
- Accused of taking exceeding authority to make the housing scheme a public private partnership
- Accused of cancelling the contract for the housing scheme with a construction company titled Chaudhry Latif and Sons
- Accused of awarding the contract to Lahore Casa Developers – a proxy group of Paragon City (Pvt) Limited, which is said to be owned by Railways Minister Saad Rafique
- Accused of inflicting a loss of Rs190 million to the national exchequer with his illegal actions
- Accused of illegally awarding contract to Punjab Land Development Company Limited (PLDC)
- Accused of awarding construction contract of Ashiana Housing to Lahore Development Authority (LDA), which the LDA couldn’t complete inflicting a loss of Rs710 million to the national exchequer
- Accused of awarding consultancy contract to MS Engineer Service
- Accused of awarding contract to MS Engineer Service in Rs190.2 million
(Source Via Dunya News)